Calling all thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies, alike: Six Flags Great America proudly dares you to ride its all-new free-fly coaster, THE JOKER!
My24's Kara made the trip down to Gurnee, Illinois for the Theme Park's Media Day unveiling of the new attraction, which is now up and running for the public's enjoyment throughout the 2017 Season and beyond. Six Flags and Warner Bros Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, partnered to create the park's 15th roller coaster to date, which now stands as a centerpiece in the Yankee Harbor section of the park, next to BATMAN The Ride roller coaster.
THE JOKER, which Six Flags labels their most maniacal roller coaster to date, boasts a unique design to thrill (and possibly terrify?)
citizens of Gotham City park goers this season, including:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles;
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels;
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.
Get the low-down on Six Flags' newest attraction from park representatives and witness Kara's breath-taking experience on the ride with the video above. For more information, check out the promotional video from Six Flags below:
Plan your visit to Six Flags Great America here, and see if you can conquer the chaos in Gurnee!