The stars are aligning in the Windy City! Genre entertainment fans are set to take over the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois this weekend for Fan Fest Chicago - a special joint event combining Walker Stalker Con and Heroes & Villains Fan Fest fan conventions under one roof and included in one admission price Saturday, March 25th from 10:30am - 6pm, and Sunday, March 26th from 10:30am - 5pm.
Interested in flaunting your fandom or just looking for a fun activity this weekend? Join the hoards of like-minded fans who are lining up to enjoy a weekend of meeting their favorite shows' stars, cosplaying as the characters they idolize, and rummaging through the merchandise and incredible art offered by local and national vendors.
Fans of Super18: the CW's primetime hits can meet stars from The CW's DCTV hits Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow including: Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen), David Ramsey (John Diggle), Caity Lotz (Sara Lance), Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer), Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance), and John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn), among others.
Supernatural's Jeffrey Dean Morgan (both days) and The Vampire Diaries' Lauren Cohan (Saturday only) will both be in attendance with their castmates from the cable mega-hit The Walking Dead. Gilmore Girls favorite and current star of This is Us, Milo Ventimiglia is also attending.
Fans of My24's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. can meet stars Chloe Bennet (Daisy 'Skye' Johnson), Ming-Na Wen (Melinda May) [Saturday only], and Brett Dalton (Grant Ward).
Special Guests offer autographs and photo opportunities for nominal fees.
Other weekend highlights to look forward to this weekend at Fan Fest Chicago (#FFChicago for those who want to share their experiences or connect with others digitally this weekend) include:
- Two convention halls under one roof, across the hall from each other
- Heroes & Villains Fan Fest celebrates superheroes and villains
- Walker Stalker Con celebrates zombie and horror entertainment
- Free panel sessions led by stars from some of television's most popular shows
- The weekend kicks off with the Zombie Bash Costume Party hosted by The Walking Dead's Tom Payne Friday night
- Arrow star and wine connoisseur Stephen Amell's Nocking Point Winery is hosting "One Night in Chicago" - An evening of Wine, Food, Music, Good Laughs, and Incredible Company Saturday night
- Featured artist Brian C. Roll of Odyssey Art is running a charity raffle benefiting the Children's Specialized Hospital in New Jersey, featuring 10 prize packages of geektastic art.
- Arrow and Training Day star Katrina Law is facilitating a #CharitySunday via a special art print from Odyssey Art to raise money for buildOn, bringing schools and education to children in remote villages worldwide
- Zombies and cosplayers roam the convention floor, making for memorable interactive experiences
- Interactive games & fun for the entire family
- Vendors who deal in the comic, entertainment, zombie and other genres and industries
- Reality TV star and celebrity tattoo artist, Chris 51, will be offering his acclaimed artistic talents to attendees
Tickets to the dual-event are still available for purchase. As past attendees of these events surely already know, it will be an incredible weekend impossible to forget!
Watch all-new episodes of The Flash (Tuesdays at 7p), DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Tuesdays at 8p), and Arrow (Wednesdays at 7p) on Super18: the CW!
Watch encore episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., from the beginning, Wednesdays at 7 & 8p on Milwaukee's My24!